Friday, September 21, 2012

Full Classes!

I had ballet once again on Wednesday. Dozens of girls from around the neighborhood heard about the classes and showed up to register. Unfortunately, both of my classes are already full (24 girls total). I wish so bad the community center was bigger so that my classes could be bigger! I've also run of out ballet shoes that fit the girls. Apparently girls have bigger feet here. Several of the girls are sharing their shoes with another girl in the second class. I don't have a solution as of right now. A few parents showed up as well. Some came to sign their daughter up and others came wondering why their child couldn't join. I felt terrible. I couldn't personally talk with them because I was in the middle of trying to teach my class.  The twenty or more people outside talking and some banging on the windows was distracting the girls (and myself). It was a little chaotic. I might be able to hold a third class but even then I would still have to turn many down.

On Thursday I had my English class. A had a few more students sign up and join. I had to draw the line at 21 because the room is getting too full. I love that class so much! There is something about working with children that fills my spirit! It's usually a little more stressful but it's so worth it! Ganja (my translator) told me after class that she is so grateful that I have classes for kids because before they had nothing for children. I am also grateful that God has placed a passion in me for kids and has provided ways for me to teach English and ballet. The praise goes to Him.








No comments:

Post a Comment