Monday, September 3, 2012

Fall Semester Officially Starts!

Today is the kick off of the fall semester! Everyone started school today and the community center is up and running again! Rachel and I walked around the many apartment buildings around the community center and hung up flyers for my two ballet classes and beginners /English for kids. We saw dozens of kids running around playing. We stopped and talked with several different groups, telling them about my classes starting in a couple of days. I love kids so much! It got me all excited for this semester and what God is going to do!
 
Tomorrow we have another staff meeting and our big cleaning day at the community center. I am so excited for the following day when I have my first ballet class for the fall and get to give the girls their ballet shoes and leotards! We decided that, instead sending the things home with the girls, we would put their names on their leotards, skirts, and shoes and leave them at the center. My supervisor fears that they will take the stuff and never come back. We really want girls who are dedicated to coming to be the ones to get the shoes and outfits. I can only hold 12 girls a class and I'm sure I will have more than 24 girls sign up. What we'll do is have a waiting list and if a girl misses more than two or three classes, we will have another girl take her place. I will be sending home a letter to all the parents informing them of how we will run things. I also want the parents to know who I am and feel free to contact me or introduce themselves.
 
 
 
 
 
Hanging up flyers for my ballet and English classes!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment