Friday, August 24, 2012

Awesome Day!

Wow!!!

Oh my goodness, wow!!! What an awesome day! This morning I got a call from my landlord who informed me that I had two packages waiting for me at the post office. I immediately knew who it was from! I got my roommate to over to the post office with me to help me carry the boxes back to our apartment!

My mom had contacted Fort Wayne Ballet a while back, asking if they would be willing to donate some ballet slippers to my two ballet classes. There are no dance stores anywhere near here for the girls to purchase. Plus, most of their families wouldn't have the money to buy all their ballet "equipment." Fort Wayne Ballet was so generous to not only provide the shoes, but also leotards, skirts, dance bags and ballet posters! The girls are going to LOVE it! I cannot wait to see their faces when they see all the wonderful things they are going to get! I'll make sure to tape it! My mom mailed the boxes about three weeks ago. My roommate told me that it takes about five weeks before she gets her packages from her family. My mom asked me if I wanted her to put anything extra in the boxes. The four things I requested were Emergency-C, brownies, allergy medicine, and a bottle of Ranch dressing. Brownies and Ranch dressing are no where to be found here. Somehow, I start to crave the most random things that I can't have!

So, Rachel and I walked over to the post office and picked up the two fairly heavy boxes. It was a 100 degrees out today and we had to walk uphill almost the entire way. But it was soooooo worth it!!! The timing of the boxes could not have been more perfect! In the boxes were not only the dance gear and the four items I had requested but almost birthday cards and presents! And what better timing??? My birthday is tomorrow! My mom put in a bunch of pink birthday decorations (table clothe, cups, sign, etc.) for my little get-together tomorrow with my friends. She also included a homemade card and various other gifts. My boyfriend put in a bottle of perfume I have been wanting for a couple years now and a card. My grandma, two of my friends (one from China!), and friends from CP included birthday cards, presents or letters.  It was so beautiful! I sat and cried for about fifteen minutes! I actually made a little video thanking everyone. I don't think I'll post it on my blog just because I ended up being an emotional wreck after about the first ten seconds! (lol) I'll spare you all! It was truly the best birthday gift I could have ever gotten! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am beyond blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment