Saturday, June 23, 2012

The End of a Good Week

The week is quickly coming to a close. It's been really good! I had my two ballet classes on Wednesday. About twenty girls came between the two classes. This is definitely the highlight of the week for me! I have heard that the only access girls have to take ballet is if they go to a private school, which costs extra and most families cannot afford. There are not even opportunities for them to buy ballet slippers or other "ballet gear." They come in tights or leggings, a t-shirt, socks and they hair pulled back in a bun. They are so beautiful! I truly love working with children. The classes continue to get bigger each week.

Hannah and I had our first English class on Thursday. Unfortunately, we only had one person show up. We think that part of the reason is that college students here are going through examines right now. But things are expected to clear up this next week. We are also trying to get the word out more about our class. God will provide :)

Day camp is coming up real soon! We are still planning activities and games for the kids. I am in charge of the "songs and games" station. I have been searching all over iTunes to find fun but not cheesy kids songs. I'm really excited! Being with children brings me so much JOY!




The beautiful mountains of Kosova




No comments:

Post a Comment