Friday, November 30, 2012

A "Thank You"

I made a "Thank you" note last week in light of Thanksgiving that will be in the College Park bulletin Sunday. I wanted to share it with you a little and have it up especially for those who don't go to College Park. This isn't just for my College Park family but for everyone who has supported me in this amazing journey! Thank you. I am eternally grateful.

___________________________________________________________________________________


College Park Family,
 

As I reflect on my time here in Kosovo, I am so grateful for the Lord’s provision. In too many ways to count, He has provided for me in every way, with every need. When I was struggling to adjust and fit in the Albanian culture, He provided me with someone who has walked these roads many times and was there to sympathize and give advice. Little by little He has moved me closer to successfully living in Prishtina and it feeling more and more like home. When I was lonely, He always gave me a friend I could be open with and freely express myself. When I prayed for opportunities to share, He opened the doors at the most perfect times and gave me the words to speak. When I was financially worried, He gave me friends and family with the most giving hearts. When I was overwhelmed, He helped me live moment by moment. And I know that as I begin to wrap up my time here and know that I will have to adjust back into my home culture, He will once more faithfully provide. Oh how great is our God!


 It has never been my timing, my plans, my lessons, my relationships, or my job. And for this, I am grateful! Praise the Lord that He uses us but not our own plans!

 
College Park, I am grateful for you. You have always been there for me. Your letters and emails of encouragement have kept me going. Your prayers have been of more encouragement than you will ever know. Without your financial giving this trip would have never happened. During this Thanksgiving weekend I have been reflecting on how truly blessed I am by you.


Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!


I look forward to seeing all of you in just a few short weeks!

 
In God's Love,

Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment